Love V.S Social Media

I've been thinking about writing this but just didn't have the time to do so. What is it about? About how social media could ruin a love relationship. I don't know much about others but what I'll be saying is from my point of view.



After getting into a relationship, social media apps such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram....
I started to notice there are posts about how a male should treat their girlfriend or how a girlfriend should be treated in a relationship.

Frankly, there is nothing such as "should be" in a relationship. Everyone is different. Everyone love people in a different way. We can judge someone by all the "guidelines" the social media gave us. What I'm trying to say is never take those pieces of advice seriously because every relationship is different in its own way.

Girls often saw posts online saying what a man does might indicates he's cheating, not loving you anymore and many other bs. Frankly, if your partner ain't loving you and planning to cheat. You'll feel that yourself. You can see. You don't need all those "tips" to ruin the trust between you and your partner. Why trust an anonymous who posted all the bs? It's not even proven to be true anyways.

In my experience,
I used to think that if he likes me, he'd take me to a fancy restaurant, take me for shopping and all those scenes you see from the movies.(From time to time)
In reality, both of us are students. I can never expect him to treat me like how those people act in the movie. Because those in the movies stay in the movies. How can I expect him who has zero income like me to treat me better than he treats himself? Right?
** Going to a fancy restaurant is absolutely great when it's not expected to be from time to time.
Yes, loving you means he should treat you better. (BUT within his capability)

I also used to think that if he doesn't hold my hand or any other actions of intimacy he "should" do but did not do that are mentioned in those social media posts means he starts liking other girls or I will assume that he thinks I'm not as attractive as before and he's into other girls. In reality is that he doesn't have any affair with any girl. I'm the one who's creating such virtual problems and ruining my relationship in reality.

So girl, why create so much of worries and fears for yourself? If it's yours, no matter how far you and your partner is, you guys will still be together in the end. Don't keep someone who you think that he or she is the one when he or she doesn't treat you right. Find your own value. If it's meant to be it will be.
Don't make assumptions. Don't doubt. Don't keep it all to yourself when it's not your fault. Never take blames that you did not do.

Yes, saying it is easy to be said than to be done. But bbgirl, you just gotta learn to take the pain, process it and move on. Never avoid problems. If you need someone to talk to, find your closest friends or the group of friends who you think is trustable.

If you want to save your relationship or improve it. Why not read up a book called "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus". It saved mine and it can save yours too.

- Thoughts from wlyf.

Comments

  1. Hmmmmm i think that a book shouldn't dictate your relationship. If you do have problems just talk abt it to your significant other. DON'T AVOID IT, because eventually you have to man up and talk abt it so you might as well just correct it. Dont share your intimate arguments etc to ur friends cause sometimes they might miss lead you and make you look at ur partner in a diif way and also he might feel betrayed because you're exposing ur intimate arguments to ur friends. I'm not saying dont discuss it with your friends but not too detailed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Loving yourself

Love